Re: [at-l] Take "A Walk in the Woods" --- PLEASE

TOKTAADN@aol.com wrote:

> I just finished the audiobook version of Bill Bryson's controversial book.
<< snippage >>

I have to admit that I bought and listened to this on my recent
cross-country drive home to Seattle for the holidays.  I really wanted
something 'trailish' and this was what I found when I only had a short
time to look....  I shamelessly enjoyed every moment and listened to it
soo much that the first tape actually broke on the way home!

(you'd understand it if you had to drive thru the boondocks of Nebraska,
Wyoming, Kansas, Missouri and other assorted states where the only radio
stations available were twangy country and really really bad religous
bible thumping sermons...  I even tried a slightly different route home
hoping for something, anything, i could convince myself into liking.)

--
Paula
TenToes