Re: [at-l] gone too long...

Well, lessee...How I Celebrated The Millenium...

I spent several hours of New Years Eve crooning my heart out at Navigator's
Pub in Corfu, Greece singing Donna Summer and Madonna standards, followed by
a vampy-campy version of "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" done duet with a
raunchy British entertainer best known for her whips, chains, and
leather...(I sang Ellen Foley's part with gusto, thank you very much)...

Then the metaxa-intoxicated crowd of us repaired to an ancient village to
ring in the New Year with the locals, shooting off firecrackers and shotguns,
scaring the chickens, letting Yaya Stamatis sing off-key karaoke of Greek
folk songs while watching the fireworks overhead and the big to-do at the
Acropolis on TV, passing around the champagne and smoked trout (an Epriot
specialty)...

Then, for New Year's Day, I took a LONG WALK in the cold sunshine down
through olive groves and along the sea. About 5 miles. Didn't break a sweat.
And somehow, someway, I missed seeing GMC by about 5 miles and 5 hours as I,
too, passed through Athens. Hmm.

I'm back! And I've dropped enough pounds to cover half my pack weight! Hurrah!
So, clue me in-- is the Trail still there? :)

Cheers, the new, muchly improved, Navigator