Re: [at-l] Thought for the Day---

In a message dated 1/17/00 1:43:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jeanpaul@iname.com writes:

<<   if someoen really doubts me i will try to find it again. and quote
directly >>

I dont' have the book handy, but it is after Gimli, Strider (or Aragorn) and
Legolas travel many many leagues in one day in pursuit of the hobbits who
were snatched by the Orc's.  When they tell Eomer how far they have come that
day, he looked in amazement at Strider and said something to the effect of
"Verily you should be called Wingfoot, to travel so far in one night" . . .
don't remember the exact words, but yep, Aragorn, Son of Arathorn was named
Wingfoot by Eomer of Rohan.  It amazes me how many of the poems and songs in
Lord of the Rings remind me of hiking.  Let's face it, most of Middle Earth
was wilderness <g> so they did a lot of long distance trekking.  :)

The Redhead