[at-l] Results of Ruck Recon

First the good news.....Sean seems like a nice guy!
AND....the Hostel will be open at around 1:00PM!!!!!!!  YaaHoo!!!!!!

I have a map of the campground and I will find a public fax, tomorrow
and try the fax method of scanning it so the campers can see it.  Actually,
I kinda drew it in "PAINT" but you just can't write legibly enough in paint
to put in all the numbers for the campsites (at least i can't) so my map isn't
very useful.  If not, I'll send it snail to anyone who volunteers to scan it...
hey boss...you listening?  Is that cute little scanner workin'?

You can share a campsite.  Max. five people, although only one car is
allowed per site.
If we book adjoining sites it will be just like a group site.  There is one
"group site" with
parking adjacent but it is a long nippy dash from the privies.
Each site has a picnic table and a grill/fire ring.  Privies are available
but no showers.
However, since everyone must pay the day use fee for Saturday at the
hostel, you
can shower there (bring your own towel or rent one) so no icy laking will
be required.
The lakes are not yet iced over although this may change by Rucktime, <g>
You stop in at the office to register.  If it isn't open instructions on
self registering
is available on the bulletin board at the park office..  The campground is
maybe a
half mile from the hostel.  Quiet hours from 9PM to 8AM.

Firewood can be collected from the ground but you know what campsites are
like..bare.
No firewood vendor along the road.  There is a fire ring  at the hostel and
we're OK to
have a fire.  It's not a huge TD style ring so wood should be approp. sized.

Sean is fine with our moving furniture around as long as we put it back on
Sunday.
There is basically no furniture in the downstairs living room except for
the piano.
I'm gonna bring a couple resin chairs which are OK as long as we keep them on
the rug.  There are lots of folding chairs that we can take up to the TV
room for the slide
shows.

There are two fridges, and I'm told there were last year too, but we still
ran out of fridgee
space.  There is one oven, and the idea of using Seans didn't come in till
after I left.
I'll ask.  If a ham happens, there is no reason we couldn't do that earlier
in the day to
free up the oven for other stuff.  There is a fair sized microwave.  There
are two 6X13
(approx) OLD cast iron griddles.  If DR Gary used these with success last
year, my
hat's off.  Nothing even remotely resembling a Teflon fry pan, but I happen
to have a
couple extra which I am going to donate to the hostel.  And I'll start
haunting the
garage sales for girddles.  There are 2 12 (?) coffee perkers, but only one
of them has the
perker parts.  There is a small "Mr'Coffee " dripper.  I forgot to check on
Sigh wrap
and stuff, but will tomorrow when I talk to Sean.

The coke machine works..  $.50 a can.  I asked him to think Dew too. <g>

If anyone can show for a work crew at  Friday afternoon to move furniture,
I'll be there
by three.

I'm posting my attempt at a map of the area in the next post.