Re: [at-l] Re: spiders...

In a message dated 1/13/00 9:01:07 AM Eastern Standard Time, dlc@nrtw.org
writes:

> It's pretty sad if you think about it.  A fruitless
>  effort they could spin(d) their entire lives on...

As opposed to endless cycles of:

underpaid work and washing dishes and vacuuming and folding clothes and
cleaning toilets and fighting mildew

Things that you wish would stop growing: girth, hair, nails, temper

Things that no longer grow as you wish: IQ, stature, hair on the top of my
head!

So a spider deserves our sympathy?  I think not!  I think they see us coming,
stare at our incomprehensible bulk, get giddy at the excitement of entangling
their biggest prey ever, then when we get away they say,  "Damn, almost got
him this time, but I'll get the next one!"  and busily rebuilds.  Such an
exciting life!  Don't you wish your life was so exciting?  ;-)  Beats my
fishing exploits to bits!

Happy trails,

Solar Bear

"The true profession of a man is to find his way to himself."  Still looking,
but I'm not finding any blazes.  :)