Re: [at-l] alcohol vs dry gas

Absolutely! Practice makes perfect!
I expect I'll bring, fire, and boil with both.

At 10:04 AM 1/12/00 -0500, Thomas McGinnis wrote:
>Did a little test meself last night: Mayer-type Tuna Can vs. Svea 123R.
>Inconclusive. I

Do I detect a little prelim for the Pack to Boil Stove Challenge here?
http://friends.backcountry.net/ruck/contests.html#stove

Cc:            at-l@backcountry.net
From:          Tom Fort <tjfort@netdoor.com>
Date:          Wed, 12 Jan 2000 11:06:23 -0600
Subject:       Re: [at-l] Tall Trail Tales

>  This leads to a very peculiar way of hiking called "blessing
> the trail"

Last year I hiked the lakeshore trail in the smokies.  A low altitude,
overgrown, seldom traveled trail.   I've never kissed so many spiders
in my life.  every 100 yards I was walking into one.  These were
little black and yellow/red ugly looking ones.   And they would make
webs across the trail each night!   I can empathize with the crawly
feeling on the back of the neck!!!    I did start waving my hiking
stick in front of me with each step.  That gets real old tho.

t.