[at-l] alcohol vs dry gas

A short recap on a note I passed to the PCT list. I just got the small
Trangia. My first test was using dry gas, and it boiled two cups of water
in just short of 5 minutes, but with very high yellow flames that left an
oily residue on the bottom of the pot. Test two I used denatured alcohol,
and it took eight minutes to boil the water, but with a nice blue flame and
no residue. My tenative conclusion is that the dry gas had some petroleum
products in it. There was a tip on the pct-l about mixing 10% water in to
tame the flames, I haven't tried this. Just saying be careful, 'cause the
labels don't say what's in the bottles.

Skeeter