[at-l] Spring on the Orange Turnpike

Howdy Folks,

I'm trying to send my brother, an NYC dweller, to the spring on the Orange Turnpike. Unfortunately, the directions I used to get there aren't that useful to people in cars  (Philosopher's Guide, circa 1989 - \"turn right at the turnpike and walk downhill .5 miles.\").  Does anybody out there have directions which would aide someone who doesn't drive frequently to find the spring?  Does the AT still cross the turnpike .5 miles uphill from the spring?  I remember it as a great spring - about a two inch pipe gushing like crazy with all sorts of city dwellers driving up to get the good water.  Anyway, if anyone can help out, I'd appreciate it and maybe I can lure my brother out of the city  :->   Thanks.

Chris