Re: [at-l] Why am I bigger?

>>> <FosterP599@aol.com> 01/07/00 07:48PM >>>
My concern is not my heighth but my girth.  When I graduated from high
school, I weight a whooping 105 lbs.
Today, 216.  What went wrong?
First Pilgrim
Foster Parsons

Obviously, First Pilgrim,  you should have done a throughhike — probably when you graduated from High School. Just watch this:

All those extra calories (what, 210calories per mile times 2167miles = 455,070 calories, or, at 925 calories/Whopper, that's roughly 492 Whoppers. Assa lotta whoppers. One extra Whopper per week, 52 weeks/year, that's roughly nine and a half years) you were eatin' coulda been used to get you up the trail! But no! At 9 calories per gram (that right?), at 28.5 grams per ounce, at 16 ounces per pound, you get 455,070/9/28.5/16=111 pounds, not counting inflation.

Now, it's no accident that 105 + 111 = 216. You were OBVIOUSLY fated to throughhike, First Pilgrim. Q.E.D. Quod Est Demonstradum. "It is thus demonstrated."

I rest my case.
Sloetoe