Re: [at-l] Should I listen to the signs?!?

If you are not 100% committed to the hike, you will not finish the hike. That's
OK, as long as that's an acceptable outcome for you.

Walking for 6 months from Georgia to Maine or vs vs is not a part-time job.

If you think these events in your life are signs - and even if you don't - you
are the only one who can make the decision that this is the time for you to
leave the rest of the world behind and go away for 6 months.

If you wait for "the perfect time" you may never go. I was going to wait till my
kids were out of school and then go. My wife - who is a Saint by the way -
recognized better than I did that the time was right for me to go, so I went. If
I had waited for 10 more years, I doubt I would have finished - I may not have
even started.

If you have doubts on the trail - you'll go home. Most people who try to do this
go home for one reason or another. A small percentage who try, finish. If you
are not 100% committed, you'll join those who don't finish. It's hard to stay
out there. It's easy to go home.

Nothing wrong with going home. Thru-hiking is not for everyone. It doesn't make
you less of a person.

Paddler