Re: [at-l] Why am I bigger?

tmcginnis@ucclan.state.in.us writes:

> Help, somebody. How does somebody who's *nearly* a masters runner gain an
> inch in height?

Welcome, Sloetoe, to the world of manly men!  ;-)  Glad you finally measure
up!

I can't help with the how or why, but I'm here to shed a little light on the
timing of this miracle.  I'm looking at a photo of Sloetoe and me taken at
the Gathering on Sunday morning at the listers campsite.  Using me as a
measuring stick -- probably as good a use for me as any -- I'm telling you
that he was 6'2" back in October.  So this post-pubescent growth spurt
occurred prior to the Gathering.

Just think, hiker babes, in that one photo, 12'4" of available hiker dude!
Don't all stampede at once!  :)

On the other hand, it could be the slope of the ground, or the perspective in
the photo, or the thickness differential of our respective boots, so perhaps,
he's only 6'1" after all and this is a hoax he and I dreamed up for laughs!
Or maybe he's having a tough time with the ladies, and needed my help.  We
need more proof, Sloetoe!

Happy trails,

Solar Bear

"The true profession of a man is to find his way to himself."  Still looking,
but I'm not finding any blazes.  :)