Re: [at-l] Maildrop Schedule

I know others are going to ask, and maybe I missed it in earlier (or
deleted?) emails.

Why do you not plan any 'hitches' into towns?  Is this only for mail drops?
Will you stop for resupply at local grocery or convenience stores?

You don't plan to haul enough food from mail drop to mail drop do you?

This summer, I met a guy and his son who caught up with me at Horse Gap (no
water, bushwack, 10 mjiles from Springer, best to stop at Hawk Mountain if
you can't hike all the way to the next water source).  This guy had his and
his son's food for the trip from Springer to Waynesville with NO stops for
anything -- 40 plus pounds of food plus his gear.  His knees gave out before
Gooch Gap and he had to bail.

Thanks, Coosa