Re: [at-l] The Ruck

At 05:24 PM 1/3/00 -0800, you wrote:
>The Ruck, The Ruck!  What is it?  I'm sure I won't make the trip from Oregon.
>Is it anything like... The Rut?

The Ruck is a hiker meeting in the middle of winter on the middle of the trail.
For more info, check out our website.
The scheduling info on the site is all screwed up though. .....(hint hint hint)

Friday Starting at 6:00PM, there will be a welcome hiker supper of pasta
and salad
                 FREE and AYCE
.
Friday evening ........open for meeting and greeting and swapping tales
.
Saturday Breakfast ...Pancakes featuring Sloetoe's - "Gene's All-Day
Pancakes --
         after his dear Daddy's, made in the White Mountains
         (along the Kancamangus Highway/Swift River), and sufficient to
last you
         "all day! Yes, Gene's All-Day Pancakes! With Gene's, you can forget
         about lunch!" and " assorted lesser fare ;^)".
         A contribution to the Ruckfund will be appreciated
.
Saturday @10.00am Runner Boy (aka SloeToe) is going for a Run and wants
some company

Saturday @ 10:00 AM John O'Mahoney and Michael Connick will
         do a presentation on Light Weight Backpacking
.
Saturday Lunch featuring "stone soup"..bring year veggies <g>
         Homemade bread would sure be welcome too! And Pie???
         A contribution to the Ruckfund will be appreciated

Saturday @ 12:00 PM The Stove Challenge

Saturday @ 1:00 PM Laurie Potteiger will do a presentation on
         LNT (Leave No Trace Techniques)

Saturday @ 2:00 PM Hiker First Aid with Dr. Gary Buffington <no slides ;^)>

Saturday @ 3:00 PM Nimbelwell Nomad

Saturday @ 4:00 PM New and Used Gear Auction

Saturday @ 5:00 PM Hiker Talk...we're going to twist Earl Shaffer's arm and
see if
         he might say a few words

Saturday @ 6:00 PM Pot Luck Supper.. You know how it works....
         bring a dish and your appetite! If the last two years are any
indication, you will
         be faced with the ACYE of every hiker's dream. For the cooking
challenged,
         drinks, ice cream or munchees or maybe wood for the fire would be
good!
         FREE AND AYCE

Saturday @ 6:00 PM The First Annual Big Blow Out Chili Contest

Saturday @ 7:00PM The Drawing of the RuckRaffle Winners

Saturday @ 8:00 till??? slides shows featuring Slyman on the PCT and
         The Spiriteagles, Jim and Ginny Owens' fresh from their 99 CDT Thru
         Still time for more slides if you have some you can share, contact K-7
         We sure could use a slide projector!!!

Sunday Breakfast Pancakes .....featuring a repeat of last year's blueberry
legends
         cooked by Gary and Millie Buffington (and lesser fare)
                 FREE and AYCE
Sunday AM....Open Sunday Day Use fees have been sponsored by
         CONQUEST THIRST QUENCHER www.800WeSweat.com