Re: [at-l] Hover car to favorite fishing hole?

Good (or do I mean Really Bad) example, and yes, I share your sentiments
about heli-skiing.  But, just to be fair, don't you ever find yourself
trying to impress other people at cocktail parties--or over a beer--with
stories of your hiking exploits?  I know I stumble over my ego just about
every single living day.

The moral challenge of our age may be to refrain from using technology that
we have available to us.  Now each of us has to make a choice whether to
bring a GPS, a cell phone, Gore-tex.  In 1993 on the AT in New Hampshire, I
stumbled into a shelter with about 8 other strangers.  The normal sorts of
conversation things happened, until one of the residents shushed the rest
of us the better to hear and watch the news on his (Dick Tracy again)
wristwatch TV.  I was amused, but only cynically.

R.