Re: [at-l] Future Thru-Hiker Survey Results - Long but worth it

Toss me "Catcher in the Rye" when you're done with it.  I may have read it,
I think it was required reading back in high school, but if I read it I
sure don't remember a thing about it.  I think we had to read "The Great
Gatsby" and "Moby Dick" too, but somehow I haven't had the urge to bring
either of those along.

How about--the "Tao te Ching," or "A River Runs Through It," or
"Cheerleaders from Gomorrah--Tales from the Lycra Archipelago?"

At 10:06 AM 1/3/00 -0700, you wrote:
>I am going to bring "Catcher in the Rye" to read, because it is small,
>lightweight, a classic, and I've always wanted to read it, and never have.

Why isn't your fiance joining you?  (Oh, I just realized--he doesn't want
to give up HIS excellent job.  Anyway, I've often heard that a thru-hike is
hard on a relationship, sort of like marriage is.)  And what 14ers do you
have left?  Mt. Sneffels looks superb to me; I'd like to go back again
sometime just to explore that area.

R.