Re: [at-l] Future Thru-Hiker Survey Results - Long but worth it

Rick -

Yeah, I thought of a lot more questions that I wanted to ask AFTER I made
the survey. (like GENDER... duh!) But, because it is a free program, they
wouldn't let me make any changes to it.

I still have about 300 e-mails to go through, so I'm sure someone already
answered your question about, "What does traditional mean?" That's what I
check-marked, and to me it means that I'm going to walk past every white
blaze.... no blue or yellow blazing. I know to some it also means taking no
"technology" on the trail (little do they know that EVERYTHING you take on
the trail is technology.... like that Gore-tex parka you're wearing, or that
lite-weight stove you're using). And, I'm sure they mean using Leave no
Trace habits, but I think (and hope) that ALL hikers do that. I don't care
about what I take on the trail. (In that aspect, I say "Hike your own Hike")
But, it is important to me that I walk past every white blaze. I don't care
what others do.... that's just what I'm going to do.

Kristen