[at-l] books

Thanks for all the good suggestions on reading material, folks.

Thought I'd pass along a recommendation on a book I read on the trail a
couple of years ago.  It's an anthology of short pieces--"A Portable
Western Reader," edited by William Kittredge.  As you might guess, most of
the stories speak to Western experiences, rather than east coast--but that
might make the book all the more evocative to someone walking down that
green tunnel.  The pieces range from old Native American stories to
contemporary works, with good representation by both male and female authors.

Three thumbs up!

R.