Re: [at-l] Civil War books

<< Don't y'all do this to me!  I still have 3 more Kenneth Roberts books to
 read, in addition to the one I've read and the one I'm nearly finished with.
 Now, I'll have to start again.  Too many books, too little time.  :^) >>

I'm with you on that score!  Among my unfinished reads:  3 K. Roberts books
enroute from eBay, just got Sand County Almanac for Xmas, there's a Lyn
Setzer book on my nightstand, and I found some great Sigurd Olson books at
the camp I worked over the summer.  In addition, I've generated a list of
almost a hundred additonal book titles --All from listers' recommendations--
that I hope to investigate/read soon.  (...and these are only the
hiking-related books!)

Speaking of which  (and, Yes, I'm incurable!), I've been trying to get the
Rodale 2-volume set, Hiking the Appalachian Trail, for years now (<--hint,
hint -- anyone interested in selling? )  I'd like to buy it, but at this
point, I'm desparate to even get a chance to read a borrowed copy.  (<--more
hinting).

I've been thinking about the possibility of our setting up some kind of
lending system among listers.  Maybe, those attending the Ruck could bring
books (and videos) to "trade" or loan, just to see if this could work?  If it
does, maybe it could become a regular part of the listers' happenings at
other events/gatherings.  When we're done reading, we could mail the book
(video) back -- US Postal book rates are pretty cheap.  If folks are nervous
about letting a book out of their hands, perhaps they could bring it just to
serve as a show-n-tell for others.

If I get the chance to go to the Ruck, I'd be willing to bring some of mine
for others to borrow/look at.   Although I'm unlikely to want to permanently
part with my books, I'm more than happy to share them with others -- better
that, than having them collect dust on a bookcase between readings.

Any merit to this idea, folks?

Trailmixup