[at-l] Re: at-l-digest/Gatewood

In a message dated 12/31/1999 6:13:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-at-l-digest@majordomo.hack.net writes:

 1.     What is her name? Emma "Grandma" Gatewood
 2.     When did she hike? She thru hiked in 1955
 3.     What were her accomplishments? Got a trail named after her in Ohio,
and was a minor media personality after her hike
 4.     Where does she stand on Baltimore Jack's Idiot hiker scale? :::sigh:::
 5. If she was in trouble, would you risk your life to rescue her? She was
lost for three days in Baxter in 1954 and found the camp of the rangers who
were looking for her by herself. She did this holding a lens from her broken
glasses in front of her eye, wearing hightop Keds. I don't think this is the
type of person anyone would -need- to rescue. But I'd try.
 6. If so, why? Why? If someone needs help, and you are in the position to
help, you should help. Only an idiot would take a "let them die" attitude.
That's just my opinion, btw, ymmv...

OldMaster
oidmaster@aol.com